Thursday, April 24, 2008

Smoking Log

It has been 3 months since I had my last cigarette I have probably quit 10 times in my life - this time feels a little different. The main inspiration for my quitting was Angela Parenza - one of my biggest triggers and one of my best friends. Angela has smoked about as long as I have - but maybe a little more intensely. She lives right around the corner and whenever I see her I associate her with lighting up. When she quit I knew that I could. Thank goodness she finally quit.

I have many fond memories of smoking with Angela Parenza, hopefully we will able to build more memories doing something a little more healthy! Sometimes healthy doesn't sound so fun. I need to get over that type of thinking.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

quitters never win-- except in this case. i'm very happy for you and angela parenza and christine hughes. 'swonderful

Anonymous said...

I'm going to go have a smokey treat now.

Anonymous said...

recently a friend described what smoking has done for her and what she has had to face giving it up.

smoking is like a floating dark cloud around my heart, protecting my heart from feeling, and when I don't smoke, life enters my heart, deeply, in places I didn't know that could feel within

Sally

Kristin said...

Smokeless, I am trying to find Angie Parenza and I can't! If you see her can you tell her that Kristin is looking for her?

Anonymous said...

You bet! Angela Parenza's 1 year mark is next week - I can't believe she has made it this far.

Anonymous said...

You rock - it is not as easy as you would think it would be.

Anonymous said...

congratulations to you and to angela parenza. that's willpower!

Real Salesman said...

I am enjoying some reach creamy virginia tobaccos as we speak. I am unclear smokeless one. Did this Angela Parenza quit smoking also. What tools did you and Ms. Parenza use? I tried to quit with that obscene chantix but kept having a dream where I was at this party and ended up with diariah (sp). I go in the bathroom and find my underwear full of cocktail weiners. THe wierd part - I dont wear underwear

Anonymous said...

It is amazing that you and Angela Parenza have overcome your smoking demons. I am so proud of you and Angela Parenza. I am also proud of Maggie Larson. Quitting the pipe is a hard nut to crack.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll be! I hadn't heard that Maggie quit the pipe. This is wonderful news for Maggie. And wonderful news for you and Angela Parenza! Congratulations to everyone on your successes.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Janet. It's nice to know that so many people are rooting for us.
Thank you, everyone.

Angela Parenza

Anonymous said...

Angela Parenza can do anything she sets her mind to. She is the most amazing person I have ever known in my entire life and I am so grateful and proud to be able to call her my friend.